The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is a professional membership body, awarding skills-based accountancy and finance qualifications.
As a globally-recognised organisation, AAT works with around 130,000 members in more than 100 countries. AAT members are represented at every level of the finance and accounting world, including students, people already working in accountancy, and self-employed business owners.
If you are looking to improve your career prospects you are in the right place. AAT Accounting Qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised, and AAT awards around 80% of all vocational qualifications in accounting.
Multinational firms such as Sainsbury’s, P&G, Morgan Stanley, the Ministry of Defence, and many more continue to hire employees that have AAT qualifications for their knowledge, skills, diligence, and enthusiasm. To these companies, AAT represents the highest standards of professionalism.
AAT qualifications are regulated by all four UK qualification regulators, including Ofqual (England), CCEA (Northern Ireland), SQA (Scotland), and Qualifications Wales. AAT is also a recognised End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) for the purpose of providing End Point Assessments (EPAs) for Apprenticeships in Accounting at Levels 2, 3, and 4.
Gain practical, real-world accounting and finance skills demanded by employers and start your journey with AAT.
An AAT qualification comes with many benefits, not least the opportunity to harness some of the most in-demand skills in the business world. AAT provides you with a professional status you can be proud of.
Benefits of an AAT qualification include:
- Support and development opportunities for members through more than 580 AAT approved training providers around the world.
- An extensive branch network where members can access support and training and meet other AAT members in their local area.
- Flexible, cost-effective training options that allow you to learn in a way that suits you whilst avoiding university debt.
- Access to a range of handpicked specialist tutors, who are always available to answer your questions.
- Retrain at any age because the courses are open to everyone, regardless of age or experience.
- A range of online discounts available to make things more manageable, not to mention flexible finance options to help you self-fund your studies.
- e-Careers courses include AAT membership as standard.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the accountancy profession. With the advance of more sophisticated and smart technologies changing the way finance teams work, increased globalisation, and an enhanced focus on ethics and regulation, the role of finance professionals has never been more important.
Whether you’re starting out or looking for a promotion, AAT on your CV will open up opportunities. There is a wide array of opportunities available in the financial world. It’s not just banks and accountancy firms who need people with financial skills: across every industry, every single company needs someone who can balance the books.
Learning new skills and building on those you already have can have a huge impact on your life. With an AAT qualification, you'll be able to meet these demands, gaining highly transferable skills that will be useful every day. Whether you want to specialise in accountancy or bookkeeping or gain a base understanding to succeed in other areas of business, by gaining these sought-after skills you'll open doors to a broad range of exciting careers.
If you are already in the industry, there are a wide variety of career routes available in the finance industry at every level, from administrator all the way up to senior manager. New skills and qualifications can lead to new opportunities. An AAT accounting qualification can increase your earning potential by as much as 40%.* AAT courses are a great progression route into professional membership and chartered studies.
Finally, if you are looking to become your boss by starting a business you will find our courses invaluable. Running a business requires some financial know-how, and our courses will provide you with just that.
Most AAT qualifications are open to everyone, regardless of age or experience. However, some courses will be more suited to professionals with a specific level of experience.
e-Careers is a provider of AAT qualifications and here is a break-down of the current courses available with AAT
AAT accounting qualifications:
AAT bookkeeping qualifications:
AAT business skills qualification:
- AAT Essentials one-day finance training programmes
- Our practical one-day training programmes provide short, sharp skills training in key areas of business finance.
- The AAT Essentials training programmes include:
- Finance for non-financial managers
- Making sense of financial documents
- Managing cash flow – keeping your business healthy
How to get certified
To get a better idea about which course is right have a look at our range of AAT Qualifications.
If you already have some prior accounting experience you can sit the AAT Skill check test. This will help you find the most suitable accounting qualification to start with. The test takes about 30 minutes to complete and you will get your recommendation immediately.
Our friendly Course Consultants are on hand to answer all questions you may have. Get in touch today and we can talk through your options to find the perfect fit.
We look forward to welcoming you as you start your exciting career journey with AAT!